Space Debris User Portal Terms and Conditions
In order to receive data or software from the European Space Agency (ESA), henceforth called 'service', all interested recipients must register and abide with the following terms and conditions.
A requesting body, henceforth called 'the User', shall for the purpose of registration be identified by the name of a physical person, physical address and telephone number, and e-mail address. This data will be stored by ESA and serve as the point of contact for receiving the data. Upon successful registration, data transfer to the User will be electronic. The User is informed that complementary and tailored terms and conditions can apply to individual services depending on the data transferred. The User is informed that complementary licence conditions can apply depending on the software transferred.
The following terms and conditions apply to the data and software delivery and interaction between ESA and the User in frame of the service:
- The User accepts that the service data may be used for peaceful purposes only.
- The User accepts that all his queries and other activities will be logged.
- The User acknowledges that he/she is using his/her own private account and account sharing is not allowed.
- The User accepts that the service data are provided on an "as is" basis, with no direct or implied warranties.
- The User accepts that ESA does not take any responsibility for the completeness or correctness of the data and shall not be held liable for direct or indirect consequences or damages resulting from the use of the data in whatever form.
- The User accepts that improper use of the data may lead to the revocation of the access to the service.
- ESA reserves the right to permanently or temporarily revoke the User access to the service at its sole discretion.
- ESA reserves the right to change or modify these terms and conditions at any time, and without prior notification.
- ESA reserves the right to change or modify the complementary and tailored terms and conditions applicable to the individual services at any time, and without prior notification.
- ESA confirms that no personal data of the User will be transferred to a third party.
- The User can request to revoke or remove the account, or request access to the associated personal data stored, by contacting email@example.com with either of those three requests.